New Azure Training Kit
Posted on June 19, 2012 by Chris Koenig
The Windows Azure Training Kit June 2012 Update is now available. The June 2012 update includes 42 step-by-step hands-on labs and 20 presentations covering the new Windows Azure features. Some of the highlights of this update include:
- 12 new hands-on labs for Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- 11 new hands-on labs for Windows Azure Web Sites
- 2 new hands-on labs that demonstrate Windows Azure with Windows 8 Metro-style applications
- New hands-on labs for Node.js and PHP using Mac OS X
- Updated content for the latest Windows Azure SDKs, tools, and new Windows Azure Management Portal
- New and updated presentations designed to support individual sessions to a full 3 day training workshops
Installing the kit is easy – and there are a lot of choices:
- Download Center: http://bit.ly/WATKJune2012
Two options here – you can download the entire 213MB kit and install everything, or you download a 2.4MB “web installer” and download only the individual Hands-on-Labs or Presentations you want.
- GitHub: https://github.com/WindowsAzure-TrainingKit
If you’d rather keep up directly with changes that are happening to the individual presentations and labs, I recommend you get your content through GitHub. They also offer an interface to the GitHub repository through the Windows Azure Training Kit GitHub Page. This is basically a web site interface to the data (and some metadata) about the labs and is a great way to view a summary of all the labs, with descriptions, in one easy-to-read page.
The Windows Azure Training Kit is a great way to learn about the new features in Windows Azure and get your hands dirty trying out some of the bits. To make the best use of your experience, you should sign up for a Windows Azure account – if you have an MSDN subscription, you can activate your FREE benefits from the Windows Azure website. If not, you can sign up for a 90-day free trial.