Windows Phone Starter Kit for Schools v2.0 Released!
Posted on December 7, 2011 by Chris Koenig
I’m pleased to announce the release of Version 2 for the Windows Phone Starter Kit for Schools!
Thanks to some AWESOME help and source code changes submitted by Rudy Hyun, I was able to incorporate a bunch of new stuff into a new version of the Starter Kit.
- added localization support (fr and en included)
- switched to Google Weather service (previous service was US only)
- merged map panorama items
- added a popup to select contact method on the contact pano (previous was hard to select)
- added a campus view to navigate to the image (pinch/zoom/translate, etc)
- improved the MVVM implementation
- some refactoring of the data files and codebase
- added club tab (item data + subtitle – can be removed if unwanted)
- various code and performance tweaks
You can download the starter kit at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Windows-Phone-Starter-Kit-c3b8b2d2 or http://aka.ms/wpskschools and let us know what you think.
I’ve also just created a new User Voice website to track ideas for future starter kits – you can find this at http://wpsk.uservoice.com. Feel free to add your own ideas, and vote on other ideas. As of this writing there is only 1 idea in the list, so be sure to add some new ones!