Along with the language features of TypeScript itself, Microsoft is also announcing the release of an extension for Visual Studio 2012 which provides a cool tooling experience with Intellisense, refactoring support and as-you-type error reporting, just like you’d expect from Visual Studio.
You can learn more about TypeScript via the following links:
- TypeScript Home: http://www.typescriptlang.org/
- TypeScript Playground: http://www.typescriptlang.org/Playground
- CodePlex Project: http://typescript.codeplex.com/
- VSIX Installer: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/F/F/2FFA1FBA-97CA-4FFB-8ED7-A4AE06398948/TypeScriptSetup.0.8.0.msi
- Video featuring TypeScript architect Anders Hejlsberg demonstrating TypeScript: http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Anders-Hejlsberg-Introducing-TypeScript
Go get it – it looks really cool!