Windows 8 Hackathon
Posted on June 14, 2012 by Chris Koenig
Have you started building your Windows 8 app? Does this describe you?
- Installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview or Windows 8 Release preview?
- Installed Visual Studio 11 Express for Windows 8?
- Started writing your Windows 8 Metro application?
If so, we are running this Windows 8 app building event on June 26th at the Microsoft Office in Irving, with the goal being to help you make progress on, refine or even finish your Windows 8 Metro application. This is not a training event, but rather an event focused on helping you make progress on your Windows 8 Metro application (please see the prerequisites below).
So join us for this free, full-day event designed to help you with your Windows 8 coding and application building. We can help with your apps integration with the Windows shell, including notifications, live tiles, deep links, and contracts with other apps. Best of all you can build once and support all Windows customers, no matter what type of PC they have – from tablets to laptops to convertibles to desktops.
- Your personal identification
- Please bring a notebook computer with:
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview or Windows 8 Release Preview installed
- Visual Studio 11 Express for Windows 8
- Your Windows 8 application that you are building.
These hackathons are a really fun way to get “down and dirty” with the technology and experience development along side others in the same room. It is also a great chance to have your application reviewed by someone who understands the Windows Metro environment and can help make sure that your app has the best possible chance to get published. I had my own app reviewed yesterday and I can personally testify that this kind of review really helped me maximize my time so that my submissions have a much higher chance to get accepted on the first try.
So – are you ready to take on Windows 8? If so – sign up today!