WP7 Toolkit for Windows Azure now available
Posted on March 24, 2011 by Chris Koenig
This toolkit is designed to make it easier for phone developers to leverage cloud services running in Windows Azure. The toolkit includes Visual Studio project templates for Windows Phone 7 and Windows Azure, class libraries optimized for use on the phone, sample applications, and documentation.
Get the bits on CodePlex here: http://watoolkitwp7.codeplex.com/
The toolkit contains the following resources:
- Binaries – These are the main bits you can add to your WP7 project that make it easy to work with Windows Azure (e.g. a full storage client library for blobs and tables).
- Docs – Documentation is also provided that covers setup and configuration, a review of the toolkit content, getting started, and some troubleshooting tips.
- Dependency Checker – This really cool (and handy) dependency checker ensures that you have all the bits required in order to successfully install and use the toolkit.
- Project Templates – The toolkit also provides project templates that make it easy for you to build brand new applications.
- Samples – We have a sample application that fully leverages the toolkit, both available in C# and VB.NET. The sample application is also built into one of the two project templates created by the toolkit.
For more information & coverage, please take a look at these resources:
- Getting Started Wiki: http://watoolkitwp7.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Getting%20Started&referringTitle=Documentation
- Wade Wegner’s blog: http://www.wadewegner.com/2011/03/windows-azure-toolkit-for-windows-phone-7/
- Windows Azure team blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2011/03/23/now-available-windows-azure-toolkit-for-windows-phone-7.aspx
- Mary Jo Foley’s blog: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-delivers-toolkit-for-using-windows-azure-to-build-windows-phone-7-apps/8993