MVVM in Windows Phone 7

Posted on July 30, 2010 by

For those of you that attended my talk at TechReady 11 or at Dallas TechFest 2010, here is the sample application I built along with my code snippets and my demo script.  I’ll be working on a Hands-on-Lab version of this talk, as well as producing a video the talk, but that will have to come later.  Keep tabs on this post as I’ll be updating it with these new bits as soon as I get them developed.

(2010-07-30) Dallas TechFest.zip

Comments (9)

1. Przemek says:

Hi,
    I am trying to download the file. The link sends me to http://home.live.com No file.

• Chris Koenig says:

Thank you for your email! I am currently out of the office attending Dallas TechFest. I will return to the office on Monday – until that time, I will have limited access to email so responses will be delayed. If this is an emergency, please call my cell phone at 214-385-5616.

Thanks!
      Chris

2. indyfromoz says:

+1. The download link leads to http://home.live.com

• Chris Koenig says:

Thanks!
      Chris

• Chris Koenig says:

Thanks!
      Chris

3. Msbsankar2u says:

Hi,
    i have used mvvm light for my app and implemented tomstoning, but unfortunately i am getting this error “The type ‘GalaSoft.MvvmLight.ViewModelBase’ cannot be deserialized in partial trust because it does not have a public parameterless constructor” can you please provide solution for this error.And i have seen the example provide((2010-07-30) DallasTechFest 2010), and i think you have not implemented Tombstoning.If possible please mail to msbsankar2u@gmail.com with feedback. Thank you.

• Chris Koenig says:

If I remember correctly, I am NOT tombstoning the entire ViewModel, but having each ViewModel tombstone the data it needs to persist. Centrally, I tell each VM to go and “save themselves”, and they choose what to save (or load, for that matter). I’m waiting on the next drop of MVVMLight to see if this gets addressed.

Cheers!
      Chris

4. […] Demystifying MVVM (Dallas TechFest 2010 Talk by Chris Keonig, with source code) […]